On Sunday, Aug 17th 2014, at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, Saleen revealed their long awaited tuned Model S that they are calling the FourSixteen. Saleen is known for their tuned Mustangs and S7 Supercar put the same ideas that went into these cars as they did with the Model S. Below I will go in to detail of all of the modifications they did to the car.
The biggest things they did to increase speed was a new final drive ration to increase acceleration. Also the MAXGRIPTM locking differential to better put the power to the grown. Lastly, a problem with driving the Model S hard for a long period of time is the over heating. Saleen has add some cooling upgrades to combat that issue.
- Three phase, four pole AC induction motor with copper rotor
- Horsepower 416
- Torque @ 0 RPM 443
- Saleen High-Efficiency Drivetrain Cooling System
- 1-speed Automatic Gearbox
- 9.73:1 Final Gear Ratio
- 11.39:1 Final Gear Ratio (optional)
- MAXGRIP Locking Differential (optional)
- Model Designation Serialized Plaque
Saleen has applied a track focus suspension package to increase cornering agility with out sacrificing drive ability.
- S4 Track Calibrated, High Performance, Monotube Coilovers
- S4 Track Calibrated, Increased Rate Coil Springs
- S4 Increased Diameter Hollow Front Swaybar
- S4 High Durometer Swaybar Pivot Bushings
- S4 Fully Adjustable Coil-Over Suspension (optional)
- Saleen Specific Stability Control System (optional)
While not a lot of people can comment on how the car drives, we can all have an opinion of how it looks. The most noticeable change is the front bumper. Saleen lost the nose cone design for a grill less front bumper with a carbon front splitter and cooling ducts, for added functionality. The hood has a v groove running through it for better air flow and aerodynamics. While the hood looks good by it’s self, where the hood meets the front bumper is an odd design choose in my opinion. Other wise the side skirts are very subtle but add to the cars sophistication. The rear bumper has functional air outlets and a carbon diffuser for a sportier look. A large rear wing in the back so every one knows this car means business tops off the car.
- Saleen Front Fascia with Dual Cooling Vents, and Aero Management Vents
- Saleen Carbon Fiber Air Splitter
- Saleen Hood with Signature Body Lines
- Saleen Side Skirts with Carbon Fiber Inserts
- Saleen High Downforce Rear Spoiler
- Saleen Carbon Fiber Decklid Accent
- Saleen Rear Fascia with Rear Aero Management Vents, and High Intensity Reflectors
- Downforce Boosting Rear Diffuser
HUGE 22″ wheels that are supposedly responsible for a 30 lbs loss in unsprung weight.
- Forged Aluminum Split Five Spoke Wheels 21”x9” (f) 21”x10” (r)
- Forged Aluminum Multi Spoke Race-Inspired Wheels 22”x9” (f) 22”x10” (r) (optional)
- High Performance 245/35ZR21 (f) 295/30ZR21 (r) Tires
- High Performance 255/30ZR22 (f) 295/25ZR22 (r) Tires (optional)
The interior has been updated for a sportier look with alcantara and black leather. Small touches like Steve Saleen’s signature and plaques make the interior feel like a special car.
- Saleen Black Leather and Alcantara Seats with Contrasting Stitching
- Saleen Embroidered Floor Mats
- Saleen Embroidered Model Designation Trunk Mat
- Model Specific Serialized Dash Plaque
- Steve Saleen Personally Signed Dash
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Saleen Steering Wheel Badge
- Saleen Key Chain
- Saleen Owners Document Portfolio and Warranty Guide
- Saleen Four Bucket Black Leather Performance Seating with Improved Bolstering, Contrasting Perforated
- Leather and Alcantara, and Black Front Seat Shells (optional)
- Saleen Leather and Alcantara Covered Door Panels (optional)
- Saleen Leather Covered Dash with Contrasting Hand Stitching (optional)
- Saleen Alcantara Covered Headliner (optional)
- Saleen Center Console with Storage (optional)
- Plum Insane Metallic SP
- Burnout Black Pearl SP1
- Tire Smoke White Pearl SP2
- Lizstick Red Metallic SP3 (shown in pictures)
- Sour Apple Green Metallic SP4
- Orange County Orange Metallic SP5
- Maliblue Metallic SP6
- Speedlab Yellow SP7
- Shark Skin Metallic SP8
- Beryllium Copper Metallic
All of this could be your for an MSRP of $152,000 which included the P85 Model S. Still to be found out is if Tesla’s recently announced infinite warranty for the Model S will apply as Saleen’s press release notes a 4 year / 50,000 mile warranty to match the manufacturer backed limited warranty.
To read the official press release, click here.
Photo Credit: Saleen & AutobBlog